Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Zidane Talks Of Real Return

French footballing legend Zinedine Zidane believes he could rejoin Real Madrid at some point in the future as a youth team coach.



zoom - galleria Former Real Madrid midfielder Zinedine Zidane has spoken of his desire to get back into football once more, sighting a stint as a youth team coach at Los Merengues to be a real possibility.

The Frenchman has kept out of the footballing limelight since retiring at the end of the 2006 World Cup final, in which his country lost to Italy.

And while Zidane has been enjoying his time off from football, and though he has not spoken to Madrid about a future role, he refuses to rule it out.

“I did not plan anything but maybe it will become reality,” he told the French press. “I cannot see myself in an office or as a manager.

"For the moment I want to enjoy things I couldn't do while I was playing. When the moment comes I will be happy to work with the kids and give back to football what it has taught me.”

No comments: